When it comes to desserts, the red velvet flavor sure is a classic. But did you know that making a vegan dessert is easier than you’d imagine?
Check out this amazing recipe for red velvet vegan brownies that will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you craving more! 🌱🍫
Thanks to @rainsastre for sharing this delicious idea with us! 😋
- 1 and 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vegan red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 3/4 cup melted vegan butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare the molds by greasing them or lining them with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and vegan red food coloring. Mix until the sugar is fully incorporated and has a red color.
- Add the white vinegar to the bowl and mix well.
- Pour in the melted vegan butter and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt to remove any lumps and combine them thoroughly.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing with a spatula until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the molds, filling them about two-thirds of the way.
- Place the molds in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Once baked, remove the molds from the oven and allow the brownies to cool completely before removing them.
- Carefully take out your brownies from the molds and transfer them to a serving plate or wire rack.
- Now it’s time to enjoy these delightful vegan red velvet brownies! Serve them as a sweet treat for yourself or share them with someone special.
Note: You can also decorate the brownies by preparing them on heart-shaped molds and adding vegan cream cheese frosting or dusting them with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
You can share this recipe with other vegan friends!
Stay up to date with all of our announcements, other news stories, blog posts, and recipes by following Veggly across our social channels: