Check out this delicious vegan pumpkin pie recipe, ideal for October. Make your halloween cruelty-free! 🧡🎃 Read below for ingredients and directions! 🌱
For the Crust
- Old fashioned oats 3 tbsp.
- Cooking spray 1 1/2 c.
- Packed brown sugar1/4 tsp.
- Kosher salt 3 tbsp.
- Pecans 2/3 c.
- Coconut oil, melted and cooled
For the Filling
- 1 c. coconut milk
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
For the topping
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1 (13.5-oz.) can full fat coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 3 tbsp. powdered sugar
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Instructions:
Now that you have all the ingredients, let’s get started!
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9” pie plate with cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, add the oats, pecans, sugar and salt. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Add coconut oil and pulse until well combined and dough starts to stick together.
3. Press mixture into prepared dish. Line crust with parchment paper and fill with dried beans or pie weights. Blind bake 15 minutes and remove parchment and weights and bake 15 minutes more.
4. Make the filling: In a large bowl, whisk together filling ingredients then pour over crust and bake until only slightly jiggly in the center, 50 to 55 minutes. Cover crust with foil if it starts to get too dark. Let cool completely.
5. Make the topping: Open a can of coconut cream and scoop out hardened cream on the top. In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat coconut cream, powdered sugar, and salt together until stiff peaks form.
6. Serve the pie with whipped coconut cream.
Don’t miss any vegan recipe 🌱
There you have it! A delicious Vegan Pumpkin Pie!
Make sure to subscribe to our blog and stay up to date with all of our recipes, news stories and tips. Please follow our social channels: