Halloween is a time for ghoulish delights, and what better way to celebrate than by conjuring up a plant-based recipe? This delightfully eerie dish brings together classic pasta with a macabre twist, perfect for a spooky-themed gathering or a memorable family dinner. With black-colored pasta, “eyeball” mushrooms, and “toothy” creations, this vegan Halloween recipe is a frightful experience that’s not only visually entertaining but also delicious.
- 1 cup of your choice of pasta
- Boiling water
- 1 tsp of black food coloring
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms
- Vegan butter
- Olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peperoncino (red pepper flakes)
- Fresh parsley
- Prepare the Pasta:
- In a pot, bring enough water to a boil to cook 1 cup of pasta.
- Add a pinch of salt to the boiling water.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of black food coloring to give your pasta a creepy appearance.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook it according to the instructions on the package until it reaches your desired level of doneness. Be sure to stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Prepare the “Creepy” Mushrooms:
- While the pasta is cooking, take the 1/2 cup of mushrooms and use a straw to carefully poke small holes in them to create the appearance of eyes. This will give your dish a spooky and eerie look.
- With a sharp knife, cut the mushrooms into pieces to create “teeth” for your creepy pasta.
- Create the Pasta Sauce:
- In a separate pan, heat a combination of vegan butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Mince the 3 cloves of garlic and add them to the pan, sautéing until they become fragrant and lightly golden.
- Assemble the Creepy Pasta:
- Once your pasta is cooked and drained, add it to the pan with the garlic.
- Toss in the prepared mushrooms with “eyes” and “teeth.”
- Add a splash of pasta water to the pan to create a creamy sauce that will bind all the ingredients together. Adjust the amount of pasta water as needed to reach your desired sauce consistency.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper to taste, and add a pinch of peperoncino (red pepper flakes) for some extra heat, if desired.
- Garnish and Serve:
- To add a finishing touch, chop some fresh parsley and sprinkle it over the pasta for a pop of color.
- Serve your Vegan Halloween Creepy Pasta in a spooky-themed dish or on a Halloween-themed table setting for added fun.
Check out the video tutorial here:
With a pinch of magic and a dash of creativity, you’ve conjured up a culinary masterpiece that proves Halloween is the perfect time for deliciously creepy and captivating treats. Enjoy your eerie and fun Vegan Halloween!
Stay up to date with all of our announcements, other news stories, blog posts, and recipes by following Veggly across our social channels: