Check out this grain-free and high protein Vegan Whoopie Pie! 🌱💚 Thanks, @hungry.blonde for sharing this delicious recipe idea. Read below for ingredients and directions!
- 1 Health Warrior Double Chocolate Protein Mug Muffin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 stick vegan butter alternative, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Prepare the Health Warrior Double Chocolate Protein Mug Muffin by stirring in 1/4 cup of water and microwaving on high for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter for at least 1 minute.
3. Beat in the powdered sugar 1/4 cup at a time until combined well, then the vanilla extract, and finally the cocoa powder.
4. Beat for another couple of minutes until smooth and fluffy. If it’s too thick you can add a splash of dairy-free milk.
5. Remove the Health Warrior Double Chocolate Protein Mug Muffin from container, cut in half, and scoop out a bit of the inside. On the bottom layer spread on the frosting, then top with the muffin top.
6. There will be enough frosting for about 5 muffins, or you can store whatever is left over in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.