- 12 oz. small cauliflower florets
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- BBQ Chickpea “Nuts”
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 flatbreads or pocketless pitas, toasted
- 2 tbsp. roasted salted pepitas
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Rinse and drain chickpeas, pat very dry with paper towels, discarding any loose skins.
- On large rimmed baking sheet, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes until crisp, shaking occasionally.
- Remove from oven and transfer to bowl.
- Toss with seasonings if desired, chickpeas will continue to crisp as they cool.
- Then toss roasted chickpeas in brown sugar, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and chili powder.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss cauliflower with olive oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Roast in 425 degree F oven for 25 minutes along with one-fourth recipe BBQ Chickpea “Nuts”.
- Mash avocados with lemon juice and pinch salt; spread all over flatbreads.
- Top with roasted cauliflower, chickpeas and pepitas.
- Serve with drizzle of hot sauce.
Don’t miss any vegan recipe 🌱
There you have it! Delicious Barbecue Chickpea and Cauliflower Flatbreads with Avocado Mash.
Make sure to subscribe to our blog and stay up to date with all of our recipes, news stories and tips. Please follow our social channels: